Create a sustainable packaging lifecycle aligned with Homemade's brand values
We are seeking an industrial design student to embark on a project that will redefine sustainable packaging within Homemade.
At Homemade, our vision is to change the way people order food around the world. Based in Enschede, our platform empowers those who love to cook from home, providing them with a marketplace to offer high-quality, affordable, and nutritious meals. Our commitment lies in championing a sustainable option for our customers, one that not only supports local chefs but also significantly shortens supply chains, reducing our environmental footprint. This initiative is part of our broader mission to ensure that every dish ordered is not just a meal, but a step towards a more sustainable and community-focused food ecosystem.
Packaging plays a critical role in the food delivery process, but it also contributes significantly to environmental waste. Traditional food packaging solutions often rely on single-use plastics and non-recyclable materials that harm our ecosystem. Homemade is facing the challenge of developing innovative packaging that is not only eco-friendly and biodegradable but also practical for our home chefs and appealing to our customers. The goal is to minimize waste, optimize materials, and create a sustainable packaging lifecycle aligned with our brand values.
We are seeking an industrious industrial design student to embark on a project that will redefine sustainable packaging within Homemade. This project involves research, design, prototyping, and testing of packaging solutions that are sustainable, cost-effective, and conducive to preserving the quality of home-cooked meals.
- Current enrollment in an Industrial Design or Environmental Design program, or a related field.
- A strong foundation in sustainable design principles and material science.
- Proficiency in design software such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, or similar.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a drive to innovate.
- Ability to prototype and test design concepts.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to tackle real-world sustainability challenges in the food industry.
- Access to design resources and mentorship from experienced designers in sustainability.
- A chance to make a tangible impact on reducing environmental waste.
- A flexible project timeline that respects academic commitments.
- Exposure to the operational side of a pioneering food delivery platform.
- A platform to showcase your project to our network of partners and customers.
- A letter of recommendation and project completion certificate based on your performance.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of current packaging methods and their environmental impact.
- Develop innovative packaging design concepts that align with Homemade’s sustainability goals.
- Prototype and test various materials and designs to ensure practicality and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with suppliers to explore and source sustainable materials.
- Create a detailed report documenting the design process, including challenges and outcomes.
Your project will culminate in the creation of a sustainable packaging prototype that Homemade can implement. This should be accompanied by a final report that outlines the design process, sustainability analysis, testing outcomes, and recommendations for scalability and production.
Homemade looks forward to integrating your sustainable packaging solutions into our operations. We are excited about the potential to lead the industry with innovative designs that resonate with our dedication to a greener earth.
Voor vragen kunt U altijd terecht bij een van onze contactpersonenMake an appointment