Accelerate your business case with this program for SMEs.
The accelerator for SMEs
Novel-T and the province of Overijssel launch the SME accelerator program Innovate GO. In 18 weeks time, you and your team will work on developing and marketing a validated idea for a product or service. We’ll provide the guidance, coaching and knowledge necessary for those first steps towards the market. You’ll go through the program together with roughly ten teams from other SMEs from the region. Amongst others, the program consists of individual coaching, trainings and group sessions in which you’ll collaborate with co-entrepreneurs, experts, students and startups. The result: a validated product with a short-term growth objective, a marketing plan and a broad network of experts, fellow entrepreneurs and talent.
The first track of Innovate GO has recently started. Are you interested in being a part of the second track? We are organizing an information session on Wednesday September 23 and Thursday October 1. Fill out the form below to sign up for one of these information sessions.
registration information session innovate GO
The planned start date for the second track of Innovate GO is October 26th, 2020. The program will take 18 weeks. Together with your team you will work at least one day a week on your innovation. We’ll provide the guidance, coaching and knowledge necessary for those first steps towards the market.
Why you should participate in Innovate GO
- You accelerate the development and marketing of your business case.
- The program is goal and action oriented: you work in periods of 6 weeks on specific targets and measurable results.
- You build a strong network of fellow entrepreneurs, experts, students, startups, corporates, investors and representatives from the region.
- Innovate GO offers sustainable value for your entire company: the learned method can be applied throughout your business after the program.
- At the end of the program you’ll have a validated product with a growth target for the next three to six months and a marketing plan for a period of 18 months.
The accelerator program consists of three periods of six weeks each: a Six Week Innovation Challenge (SWICH). In every SWICH you work on a specific goal: a technical result or a marketing goal. At the end of each SWICH the results will be presented during the pitch week. During this week, you will receive feedback, you evaluate your progress and collaboration and you determine the goal for the next SWICH. Furthermore, this is the ideal moment to network with fellow entrepreneurs and other participants and attendees such as corporates, investors and representatives from the region.
Knowledge sessions and workshops
During the program you will attend several workshops and knowledge sessions. The accelerator starts with a two day innovation training. It is possible to receive a formal certificate for this. Each pitch week there will also be workshops. The subjects will be determined based on the preferences of you and your team. Examples of possible subjects are Design Thinking, Value Proposition Design, Digital Prototyping, Upscaling, Marketing of Innovations, Partnerships, or Intellectual Property. Each third week of the SWICH there will be a knowledge session. During these sessions, two speakers will give short presentations on relevant subject. Afterwards there will be sufficient time to network with the rest of the participants, for example during a breakfast or a drink with a bite.
Coaching and guidance
Your team will be guided by a personal innovation coach throughout the entire track. Each team recieves 72 hours of one-on-one coaching in total. During the kick-off, the coaches will be matched with the teams. During the first SWICH the coach will be with the team for approximately one day a week. The coach helps the team to solve practical issues, stimulates and inspires with experiences and helps preparing for Pitch Week. In the following SWICHs, support is tailor-made, in mutual consultation with the teams and the coach.
Selection criteria for participating companies
- A clear description of an innovative idea, including a description of the intended customers and the intended business model. A financial business case is not necessary.
- You have team of max. five people who are available to work on the innovation for at least one fixed day a week, during 18 weeks.
- Novel-T offers matching with talented students who can add to the team, if desired.
- The management/managing board is available at least one day per six weeks. You have a location at which you can work with your team (either virtually or physically, or a combination of both).
The development of Innovate GO was commissioned by the province of Overijssel. Together with BlinkLane Consulting we work on developing and implementing the program.
More information about the program?
To explore innovative ideas next to your existing business. That is the challenge of more and more companies. Together with my team, I'm working on programs focussing on disruptive innovation for the SME. From exploring new technologies to entering the market. Interested? Contact me!